Vision process 2020: – Working together to discern a picture of the future that produces passion in us!
St Johns is committed to being a lively and growing church producing enthusiastic, robust, relevant, and faithful disciples of Jesus Christ, who by their love for all are known as His.
The mission objectives that we have discerned and will pull together as a church to achieve over the next five years.
They are to…
1. Create a dedicated team to develop our existing young people’s ministry & establish a relevant youth outreach project in 2020.
2. Establish at least two new, distinct, and relevant, Fresh Expressions of church, by 2021 (see www.freshexpression.org.uk)
3. Facilitate or establish a mental health support/listening service for the parish community, to start in 2020
4. Become more environmentally friendly and attain Gold Eco-church award status, by 2023 (see ecochurch.arocha.org.uk )
5. Engage positively in two-way communication with 50% of the population of the parish by 2022
Everyone can play a part, from praying, paying, and fully participating according to the gifts and abilities God gives us. We are all part of God’s plan for St John’s.